Thursday 23 September 2010

Shooting and Developing

 I put the pinhole camera down on location and opened the shutter and exposed for one minute. After closing the shutter I returned to the darkroom to develop what I had captured. First I carefully took the photographic paper out of the tin and placed it into the developer for 30 seconds, then we placed it in water to stop it overdeveloping. Then I put it in the fixer for 30 seconds to preserve the image long enough for me to check to see if it is a good photograph. After that I placed it back in the fixer for five minutes to preserve it for a lot longer. After the five minutes in the fixer I placed it in water for a further five minutes to wash. After that I dried the photograph in the drying machine.
 I repeated the whole process another two times. I got varied results. My first photograph was slightly over exposed so I had to reduce my exposure time to thirty seconds. My second photograph I had reduced the exposure and it came out a lot better. My third photo I took inside in the library and I had an exposure time of three minutes and the photograph turned out better than I anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment